Huwebes, Disyembre 29, 2011

Oldest La Germania Gas Range

My mom wanted to buy a new stove as a gift for herself last Christmas 2011. I wonder why do we have to buy a new one when in fact the old range that we are using is still in good condition. Still in tact...As you can see in the picture... So I asked her why? She said: 
"the burner at the lower right has a little hole on it. Maybe it is time to replace it since it is older than you." WHAT?? older than me? I am 33 years old! "Yes. We bought this gas range months before you were born..." 
To my surprise, I took pictures of the old La Germania Gas Range. I was really amazed that it is already a 33 year old range...is it the brand? or is it because a good warm hands took great care of it? 





I am now wondering if some of you guys have a La Germania Gas Range older than OURS...and where could the oldest La Germania be here in the Philippines? or, where in the world? :-) 

-mp-


6 (na) komento:

  1. we have the same vintage gas range as yours. Sadly, year 2009, when Bagyong Ondoy stole almost everything from us, it includes the la germania vintage gas range. After 9 years, we were able to buy the same gas range we had.

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Can you take a picture of the back side of your oven?because we also have a old model of laGERMANIA gas range oven and we want to use the oven but it have some holes at the back and we didn't know if that is really necessary or it should have some cover on it??thank you very much☺☺

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Hi! We have the same oven! We wanted to use the oven din but it wasn't used by my mother in law since they bought it. We contacted La Germania office and theyre doing diagnosis of the unit at home. Try it! Php 550 :)

      Burahin
  3. We also have one same as that. It's from my grandmother. I wonder what model name it is and how much in the Philippine peso? Thank you for answering :))

    TumugonBurahin
  4. Mayron din kami diko sure kung model? Di bababa sa 30yrs.

    TumugonBurahin
  5. We have also a unit almost the same as what you have shown in the picture. The control knobs is a bit different though, but the rest of the built is same. I was 12 yrs. old when my Mom and Dad bought it, i'm now 56. I recently fixed (rewired) all electrical wirings,and cleaned all the stove parts. It's now working fine, a few rust can be seen, in the back portion of the range so i painted it with hi temp paint.

    TumugonBurahin